Thursday, March 5, 2015

"The Good Life" ~ Nebraska

Nebraska: typically not one's first visit choice when it comes to traveling across country, yet here I sit among 6 other students and my teacher as we all make the long journey out to this Midwestern state. My Ecology class has been working with the University of Nebraska in Omaha for a few months now. We have been planning out a 10 week lab that both our high school and the university will be taking part in. This drawn out experiment will be testing the local rivers in our designated towns for Atrazine, a dangerous insecticide. Because of the extensiveness of the rivers, we have invited other high schools in our county to join the fun! In order to put the finishing touches on this project before our start in Mid-April, the university invited us to come work with their students in person and present our other projects and programs to the college. 
 
I could not be more excited for this trip. Besides the fact I get to miss school and go on a road trip with my friends, I also get to help make an impact on our natural world! Let's do this Nebraska! 

No comments:

Post a Comment